The Kirtland Community College General Education Program provides a broad-based liberal education experience that prepares students for lifelong learning and informed citizenship. The program prepares students for intelligent participation in public dialogues that considers the issues of living in local, national, and global communities, while transitioning them to become more productive students, citizens, and professionals in modern society.
- Empower students to think critically and creatively and to communicate effectively.
- Enhance student awareness of their roles as members of local, national, and global communities.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills for practical application using problem-solving techniques.
- Develop an understanding and awareness of the natural world.
- Prepare students for successful transfer to advanced studies and to encourage lifelong learning.
- Provide a solid foundation for students in occupational and technical programs to enhance and support their program of study.