To prepare competent entry-level cardiovascular technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains for adult echocardiography.
- Implement comprehensive therapeutic communication skills, both written and verbal, when interacting with clients, members of the health care team, and significant others.
- Demonstrate through practice, the role of the Cardiac Sonographer in relation to other members of the health care team; practice within the legal and ethical parameter.
- Utilize the latest in Ultrasound technology in order to acquire and accurately understand, evaluate, and synthesize data.
- Apply knowledge gained to recognize cardiac anomalies and diseases with the use of ultrasound technologies.
- Demonstrate the ability to be self-directing in providing care to cardiac clients with defined complex health care needs in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrate an entry-level knowledge of adult echocardiography by passing the ARDMS or CCI registry exams.