We train students to become Mechatronics Industrial and Facilities Technicians who are skilled in installing, diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical and mechanical systems found both in industrial and commercial settings. By working closely with regional employers, we cross train future employees in the variety of skills required by employers to fill the many growing technician employment opportunities and to provide the technical training needed by apprentices in employer sponsored apprenticeship programs.
- Employers will rely upon the Kirtland Mechatronics program as a critical part of their employee recruiting and apprenticeship training strategies as they work diligently to fill positions created by the skilled trades gap.
- To prepare students for skilled employment opportunities.
- Work with regional employers through advisory committees and apprenticeship training programs.
- Students will demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Train students to approach an obstacle by first assessing the situation, diagnosing the problem and finding a solution.
- Inspire students to maintain an exceptional work ethic while performing tasks in a safe and professional manner.
- Utilize the latest technology, equipment, and training methods to develop curriculum that reflect industry standards.