The Computer Information System Department’s mission is to present our students with up-to-date curricula and pedagogy in the computer science and information systems disciplines to ensure they have a solid foundation in the core concepts, equip them with problem solving and decision-making skills, and prepare them for lifelong learning in the discipline and the global work environment of the 21st century. This is accomplished through theoretical and applied coursework in the areas of computer science, information systems, web design and development, and information technology.
The CIS department is committed to continually improve its educational environment to develop graduates with strong academic and technical backgrounds needed to gain employment, for transfer to other institutions, and for continuing education through workforce development.
The department provides for and encourages collegial, intellectual, and academic growth of its faculty. The department supports all local and regional technology initiatives that contribute to educational and economic advances.
- To prepare students for successful entry into the workforce or for transfer to pursue advanced studies.
- To prepare students to effectively communicate in a variety of formats for professional and academic success.
- To employ creative and analytic problem solving skills to solve real-world problems.
- To demonstrate professionalism by meeting deadlines, using industry standards, adhering to ethical practices and effectively communicating with others.
- To develop an understanding of the dynamic nature of the field, the necessity for lifelong learning and to utilize educational resources available for continued development and training.