Kirtland Community College is seeking a full or part-time faculty member to assist with the coordination of the nursing assistant program activities for the 2013-14 academic year.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize and monitor all aspects of the program under the direction of the Associate Dean for Health Science.
- Assesses labs and equipment for readiness
- Orders equipment and supplies and maintains their security
- Inventory and reorder needed lab supplies and books
- Formulate budget recommendations
- Collaborates with the Nursing Clinical Coordinator related to clinical sites and students’ readiness for clinical
- Secure appropriate faculty for instruction for CENA courses and serves as backup when necessary
- Organizes and assesses the orientation each semester for new clinical/lab instructors
- Maintains current knowledge and adherence to regulatory agency requirements at the state and national level
- Communicate and placement of students to the clinical sites
- The acquisition of clinical sites and the evaluation of the sites for quality assurance
- Maintain the qualifications of “Nurse Aide Train the Trainer” for the state of Michigan
- Maintains records required for the state agencies
- Performs other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the associate dean of health sciences
- Must be a full or part-time* faculty member of Kirtland Community College
COMPENSATION – $1,650 per semester
APPLICATION DEADLINE - To apply for this position, provide a written letter of application to the dean of instruction indicating your interest and qualifications to perform the requirements of the position. Applications will be accepted at the instruction office until 4:30 p.m. on Monday, July 15, 2013.
*NOTE: Part-time faculty should contact the appropriate dean before applying for this special project. Hours worked on this special project will impact the number of hours a part-time faculty may teach based on the final guidelines set forth by the Affordable Healthcare Act.