Kirtland Community College is seeking a full or part-time faculty member to fill the position of student senate advisor for the 2013-2014 academic year
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets with senators to discuss activities, issues, problems, etc.
- Assists the senate in upholding their mission and ensures that the senate performs in accordance with the student senate constitution.
- Attends student senate meetings and student senate events.
- Provides information on existing clubs and organizations to the student senate; provides information on how to form new clubs as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between the college administration and student senate. Ensures policies and procedures are properly followed.
- Generates appropriate paperwork for student senate activities and ensures purchase requisitions are completed in a timely manner.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of Dean of Student Services
- Must be a full or part-time* faculty member of Kirtland Community College
- Working knowledge of college policies and procedures
COMPENSATION – $1,650 per semester
APPLICATION DEADLINE - To apply for this position, provide a written letter of application to the human resources office indicating your interest and qualifications to perform the requirements of the position. Applications will be accepted at the human resources office until 4:30 p.m. on Monday, July 15, 2013.
*NOTE: Part-time faculty should contact the appropriate dean before applying for this special project. Hours worked on this special project will impact the number of hours a part-time faculty may teach based on the final guidelines set forth by the Affordable Healthcare Act.