“The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies”
Welcome to the Community Garden webpage. The Community Garden will make its debut in the Spring of 2014. It will be located on F-97 across from the Roscommon campus main entrance. Any interested Kirtland community member is welcome to join us.
Visit Kirtland’s Community Garden Facebook page…
Plots will be available on a first come – first served basis. Click on the link below to download the application.
2014 Plot Fees:
$10.00 for a 4’ X 12’ ground level plot
$20.00 for a 4’ X 12’ bed with raised sides
Return application with your fees to:Kirtland Community College Accounting Department ADM Building 10775 N. St. Helen Road Roscommon, MI 48653
The Community Garden is looking for the following donations to help us “get growing”:
Volunteers/Labor….to help our garden “grow”
Small gardening tools and gloves
Community Garden Newsletters
The Wellness Committee will be presenting a monthly newsletter with ideas, articles, books and resources for gardening. View our newsletters:
- Garden Newsletter May 2015
- Garden Newsletter February – March 2015
- Garden Newsletter January 2015
- Garden Newsletter July 2014
- Garden Newsletter June 2014
- Garden Newsletter May 2014
- Garden Newsletter April 2014
Gardening Resources and Links
- “Go green and organic by starting your own garden.” Click here for a Detroit Free Press article on organic gardening.
- Michigan State University – Gardening in Michigan. Click here for smart gardening ideas.
- Want to learn about the benefits of sprouting? Click here for a direct link to Sprout People
- Find a Farmer’s Market! Click here to locate a farmer’s market near you.
- Michigan Gardening Magazine. Click here for a direct link to the magazine offering great gardening ideas.
- Michigan Gardener. Click here for access to the organization page. Sign up for a free email newsletter.
Comments or suggestions about our Community Garden or our webpage? Contact Terry Fasbender at email@example.com.