Works collaboratively with instructional and other Kirtland staff to provide training and foster the innovative use of technology in the curriculum, office processes, and administration. Provides technical advice, training, and support to students, faculty, and for online instruction. Advises the Director of Center for Teaching and Learning of pertinent issues and contributes expertise in the establishment of technological goals in strategic planning.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Provides first level technical support services to student and faculty.
Provides technical support via remote assistant software and social media.
Conducts on-campus and online orientations and training for employees.
Conducts and provides support to students for online learning orientations.
Maintains account management for Google groups/calendars and campus LMS.
Assists with resource adoptions (laptop carts, book adoptions, software adoptions and room adoptions).
Maintains Center for Teaching and Learning websites and reporting data.
Maintains and tracks equipment checkout.
Works with Director of Center for Teaching and Learning in developing a strategic plan for implementing Quality Matters assessment process.
Incorporates AQIP principles of continuous improvement into job performance.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of Director of Center for Teaching and Learning
ATTENDANCE – Individuals in this position are expected to be available as necessary and appropriate, primarily during the normal business day but occasionally as needed on evenings and weekends.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are generally those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent online and oral communication with students and college employees, the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner, and to perform classroom and online training and technical support.
- Associate degree in information systems/management or a related field
- Three to five years of related experience, with academic experience desirable, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of applications-operating systems, word processing, spreadsheets, database, calendar, email
- Analytical skills, including an understanding of how to interpret customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Familiarity with a variety of hardware: PC/Mac/laptops, multi-line phone systems, mobile devices, printers, projectors
- Familiarity with different course management systems
- Ability to function effectively both independently and in a group
JOB DIMENSIONS – Dependability, analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, sensitivity, stress tolerance, knowledge of work, commitment to the college, attention to detail, work standards, initiative, technical/professional self-development, informal communication, written communication, teamwork
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.