Kirtland Community College is accepting applications for part-time professional health science tutors. Applicants applicant must be available for face-to-face tutoring at the Grayling, MI campus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Meet individually or in a group session to help students successfully master coursework with tutoring assistance.
- Help students develop good study skills for the tutored course(s)
- Recognize success and identify ways to improve.
- Require students to actively participate in tutoring sessions.
- Communicate student progress or problems with the instructor and/or tutoring staff.
- Maintain documentation of services and record student progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the Director of Library Services & Tutoring.
- Associates degree in a related field.
- Relate easily and sensitively to students as well as be friendly, approachable, a good listener, and a good student role model.
- Have good communication skills and above-average knowledge of the subject(s) being tutored.
- Attend tutor training sessions and maintain professional work ethic and dress.
- Current or past instructor preferred.
COMPENSATION – Individuals in this position will be employed by EduStaff on behalf of Kirtland Community College. This position is paid in accordance with the part-time professional tutor pay schedule for EduStaff employees contracted for Kirtland with an hourly rate of $18 per hour for regular tutors and $25 for nursing tutors.
STARTING DATE – September, 2019
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, influence, sensitivity, attention to detail, stress tolerance, commitment to the college, dependability, work standards, initiative, informal communication, written communication, oral presentation, self-reliance, knowledge of work, teamwork
APPLICATION DEADLINE – Applications will be accepted until 9/20/2019. To apply, email your cover letter, resume, copies of transcripts and credentials, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send originals of your transcripts with your application.
Human Resources Department
Kirtland Community College
4800 W 4 Mile Road
Grayling, MI 49738
989-275-5000, ext. 239