Greets and answers basic questions for clients, students, and community members, providing a wide variety of services at the University Center, Gaylord.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Assists with University center partner and client events as assigned, including preparation, set-up/take-down, welcomes table, etc.
- Performs general office work; PowerPoint update, event signage, answers helpdesk telephone, etc.
- Instructs clients and community members visiting the building regarding the use of computers, classroom AV, and other equipment.
- Provides audio-visual and technical support in the Jack Thompson Media Center, classrooms, and meeting rooms
- Prepares packets of information for various events and information as directed
- Collects incoming mail and distributes appropriately
- Monitors and requests media center and classroom supplies
- Maintains access to the Jack Thompson Media Center, classrooms and UCG building during scheduled hours by following appropriate security protocols.
- Operates and follows level 1 protocol for ITV equipment during scheduled events, meetings, and classes.
- Proctors and provides assistance in accordance with test center guidelines.
- Records details of inquiry, comments and complaints, maintenance issues, and actions taken in the Communication Log.
- Provides feedback on the efficiency of the client/customer service process and follows standard helpdesk protocol.
- Maintains clean environment; performs janitorial duties as required or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the University Center Gaylord Program Coordinator.
ATTENDANCE – Individuals in this position are expected to be available during the peak business hours of the University Center Gaylord, including nights and weekends, or as otherwise required.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent oral and electronic communication with students, college staff, and the public, a high level of professionalism with clientele, a commitment to confidentiality, and the ability to enter and retrieve data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficiency in common office software applications, including word processing and PowerPoint (tables, graphs, charts, 45 wpm accurate keyboarding) and ability to learn and use a variety of personal computer software
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with adults in an educational setting
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, sensitivity, stress tolerance, knowledge of work, commitment to the college, attention to detail, work standards, initiative, informal communication, written communication, teamwork, dependability
COMPENSATION – This is a part-time hourly support position contracted through EDUStaff with a current base wage of $10.00 per hour.
START DATE – As soon as possible.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Department
Kirtland Community College
4800 W 4 Mile Rd
Grayling, MI 49738
989-275-5000 x 239
An equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.