- Business or personal days are granted at the onset of the fiscal year (July 1).
- Business or personal day requests must be made in advance and submitted for approval by the appropriate supervisor.
- Approval may be based upon the needs of and not interfere with significant functions of the college. Business conditions may require that the employee’s request be denied.
- Following final approval of the requested time off, time off will immediately be deducted from the employee’s business day bank. In the event that the employee does not take the time off as scheduled, it is the employee’s responsibility to contact the business office, in writing, to cancel the time off request.
- Employees will not be granted a business or personal day for a day immediately before or after a holiday or vacation period except in substantiated emergencies.
- No payment will be made for accumulated business or personal days when an employee is terminated.
To view the policy, go to POL 5.130 Business or Personal Leave