CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT COURSE: We’re located in the Instructional Center (INS) in Health Sciences
Phone: (989) 275-5000, ext. 281 | Fax: (989) 275-6715
HEALTH SCIENCES OFFICE HOURS
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. | Closed Friday
What if you could successfully complete just one class, pass your Certified Nursing Assistant certification exam and be ready for employment? What if that job was rewarding with great pay?
Get your Certified Nursing Assistant certificate at Kirtland Community College.
Certified Nursing Assistant Course Information and Documents
Kirtland offers a six-credit-hour certified nursing assistant course each semester at the Roscommon central campus, the M-TEC site in Gaylord and the IRESA Center in Tawas. The course, which includes clinicals at area nursing homes, will prepare you to take the state certification examination for the Certified Nursing Assistant.
- numerous job openings and excellent job opportunities
- jobs in nursing and residential care facilities, as well as in hospitals
As a CNA you will have the opportunity to have a huge impact on people’s lives who reside in nursing homes and residential treatment facilities because you will have so much contact with them (helping them eat, dress and bathe). Because many nursing care residents may stay in a facility for months or even years, you will develop a positive, caring relationship with your patients. You also will:
- answer calls for help
- deliver messages
- serve meals
- make beds and neaten rooms
- take a patient’s temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate, or blood pressure
- help patients out of bed, walk and even provide skin care
You may help other medical staff by setting up equipment, storing and moving supplies and assisting with some procedures. You also may be required to observe your patients’ physical, mental, and emotional conditions and report any change to the nursing or medical staff. Your role would be critical to the quality of care they received.
Becoming a CNA may the opportunity of a lifetime for you if you are caring, kind, patient — and have time to invest in Kirtland’s popular Certified Nursing Assistant course.
2014-15 Course Cost
Nursing Assistant Course
Out of District
|Tuition and Fees||1,500||1,900|
Related health sciences degrees and certificates include:
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) (Roscommon)
- Cardiac Sonography (Gaylord)
- Health Information Technology (online)
- Pharmacy Technology (Roscommon)
- Practical Nursing (PN) (Roscommon)
- Surgical Technology (West Branch)
- Vascular Sonography (online)
- Certified Nursing Assistant Course (Roscommon, Gaylord and Tawas IRESA Center)
- Phlebotomy Technician Course (Roscommon)
- Davenport University
- Ferris State University
- Franklin University
- Mid Michigan Community College
Specific information about program and course requirements can be found in our College Catalog.
Some of the jobs related to our Health Sciences programs:
(click on the links for detailed information about each specific job/career and for job outlook information)
- Cardiac Sonographers
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurses
- Surgical Technologists
Get general and transfer information on specific colleges and universities.