Kirtland Tutoring Center is processing tutoring requests. Sign-up for tutoring through GradesFirst in Canvas.
Worried? Struggling or Stressed? Need to kick it up a notch? What are you waiting for? Visit the Tutoring Center in the Library/Learning Commons-Grayling and take control of your learning, your success, and your life.
The Tutoring Center wants to help you acquire the skills and strategies necessary to become a strong, confident, and independent learner.
Tutors will help current Kirtland students develop study habits and strategies that will support coursework and help students reach academic and personal goals — all for free! The Tutoring Center helps students put their wise decisions, good choices, and hard work together to create success with one-on-one, private tutoring sessions, small group workshops, and drop-in assistance for math and writing to:
- be a more confident student
- have less stress and frustration
- study smarter, not harder
Any student who needs help in any subject or with study skills, note taking, or test anxiety is encouraged to request tutoring. It is our goal to find every student a tutor. Please note that this is not always possible. Check with us to see how we can assist you.
- Writing help is available through The Writing Center.
- The Writing Center is one-on-one writing assistance with a writing tutor to help students improve and develop their writing skills.
- In-person Writing Center meetings on the Grayling campus for students can be arranged following COVID-19 guidelines through firstname.lastname@example.org
- The OWL provides online writing assistance with a 24-48 hour response time
- The Virtual Writing Center is another option for students. This allows face-to-face help with papers via Zoom, an online meeting software.
- All current Kirtland students, faculty and staff are invited to make use of The Writing Center services.
Please note that we can and will help you learn to improve your writing skills; however, our Writing Center tutor will not write, edit, or proofread your papers as this would be unethical.
Find out more about:
- Math help is available, one-on-one, from a part-time math instructor.