All students are automatically enrolled in Rave Mobile Safety notifications and receive an email in their KMail if their instructor has cancelled his/her classes. Rave also has optional text messaging and phone call components, and students can opt in to receive text messages and/or phone calls. With this service you will receive immediate emergency alerts and school closing notifications (like snow days).
Students are automatically enrolled in email emergency notifications. Rave has a text messaging component too. To be sensitive to those who may not have an unlimited text messaging plan or who prefer not to receive text messages from Kirtland, students and staff need to choose to opt into emergency text messaging alerts.
To opt in to receive emergency and college closure text messages:
- Go to “http://rave.kirtland.edu“.
- Log in with your Student ID# for your username and myKirtland password as your password.
- Read through the terms and conditions, check the box to accept them and then click “Submit”
- In the pink box at the top of the screen click the “Register Phone” button.
- Enter the 10-digit number and hit “Continue”
- Select your carrier from the drop-down box and hit “Continue”.
- Rave will send you a text message. In the confirmation code box enter the confirmation number provided in the text message you received and click “Continue”.
- You should see a confirmation message. You should also receive a confirmation text message that you are now enrolled with Rave. Click the “Done” button to complete this process.
If you experience difficulty with opting in or have any other problems with Rave, please feel free to contact ITS by calling extension 499 or via email at email@example.com.