The Public Safety department is ready to respond to a variety of calls for service. The service provided can be broken down into three categories:
- Patrol and surveillance of all campus and buildings.
- Prevent, investigate and prosecute any and all crimes committed on Kirtland Community College’s campuses. We will respond to all criminal behavior complaints on campus and adjacent areas.
- Motor vehicle accident investigation and reporting.
- Traffic and parking enforcement
- Escort service from buildings to your vehicle.
- Vehicle emergency assistance including keys locked in the vehicle, jump starting of dead batteries, or other vehicle problems. We will also call a towing service at your request and provide emergency transports.
- Preventative workshops on drug/alcohol awareness, rape awareness, weapons handling, among others.
- The ability to summon backup resources for investigations, manpower, and emergency services team.
- First responder trained to respond to medical emergencies on all campuses.
- Ability to summon advanced life support services.
- Ability to request air transport for acute care.
- Free blood pressure monitoring.
- Respond to a fire/hazardous situation and assist with suppression, evacuations and rescues.
- Ability to summon Fire Department for service.
- Ability to summon advanced services for hazardous materials, wildland fires, dive team etc.
- Prevention workshops for fire extinguisher use, and other safety programs.