Due to Covid-19 restrictions the Writing Center will not have drop-in hours for the Winter 2021 semester. Appointments can be scheduled by emailing email@example.com. Writing Center help is also available online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Writing Center is one-on-one writing assistance with a writing tutor to help develop writing skills and is a free tutoring resource to all current Kirtland students, faculty, and staff.
Services We Offer
The writing tutor helps at any stage of the writing process:
- Starting: Understanding assignments, brainstorming, discussing and developing ideas.
- Drafting: Finding a focus, choosing a purpose, targeting an audience and developing a thesis or an argument.
- Revising: Improving paper organization, expanding ideas, improving clarity and cohesion.
- Researching: Finding a topic and choosing search terms, conducting searches, evaluating sources, integrating material into papers, documentation styles and citations.
- Polishing: Learn how to polish papers by learning to find and correct errors in punctuation, usage and grammar.
- The Writing Center is also a community resource. Any person in the Kirtland Community College district can use our expert help with any type of English language question. Does your business want to know whether to use single or double quotation marks on a new web page? Call, email, or stop in to ask. If we don’t know, we’ll do the research to answer your question.
Access our Writing & Citing Help guide 24/7 for help with formatting, how to make ethical writing choices, and links to other helpful writing sites.
OWL (Online Writing Lab)
The OWL is an option for obtaining writing assistance.
Virtual Writing Center (VWC)
The VWC is another option for obtaining writing assistance. Email email@example.com to set up a virtual appointment.