Kirtland Foundation 3-year Strategic Plan 2019-2022
Kirtland Foundation Strategies Supporting Kirtland Community College Initiatives
The Kirtland Community College Foundation was established in 1972 for the purpose of soliciting funds from the private sector to augment and extend the financial base of the college. As a non-profit 501© (3) organization, the Kirtland Foundation can solicit funds and receive tax deductible gifts for the benefit of the college and its communities.
All gifts to Kirtland Community College must be made through the Kirtland Foundation.
Our mission is to strive to become a world class organization linking benefactors to college and student needs.
The Kirtland Foundation provides Kirtland Community College and its students with the resources to provide affordable and innovative education opportunities to support every Kirtland student in succeeding in college, in their career and in their community.
Meeting the needs of its students, communities and citizens as the premier fundraiser in the region. Helping all students in college to learn.
Making a difference in the lives of all people in the region.
Foundation Initiatives and Unit Strategies
- Fundraising/External Support
- Build endowment for long term stability and support for the college
- Develop and implement systems and strategies for managing donor relationships from prospect to lifetime donor
- Develop and implement fundraising programs for KCC Board of Trustees, Kirtland Foundation Board, faculty, staff and volunteers to raise awareness, contributions and stewardship
- Develop, implement and complete college fundraising priorities as established by the Kirtland College Board of Trustees
- Enhance the effectiveness of the Kirtland Foundation as the key volunteer philanthropic partner for the college
- Set benchmarks based on industry standards and utilize experts to develop plans to meet and exceed those benchmarks
- Greater Presence and Accountability
- GO BIG or go home – Create more passion and support among all constituencies
- Optimize the Foundation’s fundraising efforts, improve accountability and improve management and utilization of donor and prospect data
- Develop and implement a comprehensive college-wide stewardship and donor relations program to increase donor recognition and loyalty as well as collaboration and relevance
- Helping Students Learn
- Build tuition free program