The director of the automotive program may utilize privately owned vehicles for training purposes under the following conditions:
- There is a definite training application and the service or repair is related to a current lesson assignment.
- There is a reasonable and equitable system of eligibility and selection of privately owned vehicles for repair or service.
- There are supervised inspections made of the vehicle that would describe the conditions upon acceptance by the automotive lab for repairs and/or service and upon completion and acceptance by the owner. However, in return for the privilege of having the vehicle worked on by the automotive lab, the customer shall assume all risks for work performed, loss, or damage on a vehicle.
- Owner is responsible to obtain all parts necessary for repairs or service.
- Extreme care will be taken to avoid accidental damage, and each job will be inspected before delivery to the customer. However, the college assumes no responsibility on the work performed or accidental damage done to any vehicle or personal injury as a result of said work, due to the fact that public funds cannot be used for repairs to private vehicles.
Policy adopted August 11, 1983
Recommend revision 1st read August 24, 2017
Revisions adopted September 21, 2017
To view the procedure, go to PRO 4.065 Repair and Service of Privately Owned Vehicles in the Automotive Laboratory