Ready to start making more money? Tri-Area Trucking School has a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A with Air Brakes program offered on the Roscommon Campus of Kirtland Community College.
The program prepares students to take the CDL license examination and apply for one of the many jobs available as a commercial driver. After employment, students should expect one to three months of additional training at a trucking company. This short-term program is not eligible for college federal student aid, however, funding may be available through Michigan Works.
Upcoming CDL-Class A Sessions
- Weekends: November 23 – December 29 (Saturdays and Sundays)
- January 13 – 31, 2020
Operated by: Tri-Area Trucking
Instruction provided by: Tri-Area Trucking
Location: Kirtland Community College, Roscommon, through a classroom and range usage rental agreement between Tri-Area Trucking and Kirtland Community College.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
Key functions of vehicle systems, including diesel engines, auxiliary systems, brakes, drivetrain coupling systems, suspension and the importance of each for safe and efficient operation. Topics such as Federal and State requirements and the need for permits will also be covered. Finally, the student will practice maneuvers and operations on both a designated range and a public roadway.
Class is in session five days a week for three weeks. The first week is in the classroom and the second and third weeks are behind the wheel practicing maneuvers and operations.
Upon successful completion of the CDL-A program, Tri-Area Trucking offers career services to assist its graduates to secure entry-level employment at known companies. Once hired, the graduate will commonly receive an additional one to three months of one-on-one training with a driver of the hiring company.
All applicants must:
- Must be age 21 to drive a CMV across state lines (interstate) or 18 years of age to drive a CMV in Michigan
- Pass a pre-enrollment drug screen
- Complete and pass the DOT physical
- Pass a CDL eligibility check
- Agree to a background check
- You must be able to read and speak the English language fluently
- You must have distant visual acuity of at least 20/40 in each eye without corrective lenses or visual acuity separately corrected to 20/40 or better with corrective lenses
- You must have no established medical history or clinical diagnosis of diabetes mellitus currently requiring insulin for control
- Possess a valid Michigan driver’s license with no suspension or revocation in the last 36 months.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The Program fee is $4,200.
These costs may be significantly or completely offset through MI Works! Assistance programs. Contact your local Michigan Works! office to learn more about whether you might qualify.
No refunds will be offered once the class has started.
For more information
Contact us at email@example.com or 989-275-5000 ext. 385.