This Medical Billing and Coding Certificate Program is almost ENTIRELY ONLINE!
The Medical Billing and Coding certificate program allows you to work at your own pace—taking as many semesters as your schedule allows—and ensures you’ll be workforce-ready upon graduation.
Median Salary (2018) in Michigan: $38,270
Employment growth trends (2016-26): 10% to 14%
The median salary for career opportunities from this program according to O*NET Online.
Professional medical billers and coders play a vital role in all healthcare organizations and businesses that either perform services and procedures on patients or provide durable medical equipment for rent and purchase.
What will you learn?
Upon completion of the Medical Billing and Coding Certificate Program, you’ll be ready to enter your new career with confidence. The Medical Billing and Coding Program provides the career education necessary to be proficient in completing insurance claims — students learn billing and collection techniques and become skilled in assigning procedural and diagnostic codes. You’ll learn how to use a standardized computer system to input, manage, maintain and secure medical records and billing information.
Even if you already have a job, you can do this! The program courses are online, so you can fit it into your life.
This program is for you if you…
- Want to add some serious credibility to your resume
- Like the idea of working in the medical field
- Think it’s time to invest in you
Jobs, promotions and choices
Once you complete your certificate in Medical Billing and Coding your future will look much different. It will make a big difference in the amount of money you make, the number of jobs you will be able to choose from during your career, and, frankly, the quality of your life.
You’ll be ready to find a job and keep it for years—or be ready to continue your education and land a promotion anywhere.
What’s distinctive about our Medical Billing and Coding graduates? Our students…
- Receive a certificate of completion in Medical Billing and Coding
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethical and legal concepts pertaining to healthcare reimbursement
- Apply computer and information literacy skills and use electronic medical software
- Use medical terminology along with anatomy and physiology to describe health conditions and procedures
- Accurately apply billing and coding principles to optimize reimbursement
- Abstract information from patient records to accurately complete revenue cycle processes and procedures efficiently
- Apply critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills to claim submission, payment posting, denials and appeals
- Demonstrate professional behavior appropriate for the workplace
- Have one year of preparation to transfer credits toward a program designed for national certification by either the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
Ready to get started?
Sure, you’re going to need to choose to invest in your future first. Yes, you’ll have to study. No, you won’t have to overlook a job posting requiring certification in an accredited program. Get started today. Our admissions, registration, advising and financial services staff are ready to help you now!