Serves as the primary point of contact for admissions office and activities at Kirtland Community College.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Serves as the initial contact person for the admissions office in person telephone, and mail.
- Analyzes the needs for each individual and follows through accordingly answering questions, providing appropriate forms, or providing a referral to the appropriate person or department.
- Updates and maintains bulletin boards and brochure racks
- Develops and fosters relationships with students and parents through on campus recruiting activities and events.
- Takes walk-in and scheduled admissions appointments with new students to help them get started at the college.
- Assists with general advising of new students and discuss programs with prospective students
- Makes frequent presentations to groups of prospective students to inform and educate them to the educational opportunities available at Kirtland.
- Advises and conducts tours for prospective students and their families.
- Assists with direct mail, telephone and email follow-up with student prospects and applicants.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and workshops to stay updated on issues relating to admissions; attends college meetings and serves on college committees as needed
- Maintains the admissions budget
- Coordinates new student orientation program and all campus wide recruiting events
- Supervises student workers.
- Works closely with college personnel, including faculty, counseling, and student services staff so as to ably communicate college programs, services admissions requirements, financial assistance, and other essential information to interested parties
- Works with the Registrar’s Office with the international student program.
- Maintains general knowledge of college activities, programs and requirements.
- Performs other related tasks as required
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the vice president of student services.
ATTENDANCE– Individuals in this position are expected to be available during the normal business hours of the college, and occasionally evenings and weekends for special presentations and events.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent oral communication with students and colleagues, the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner, and sufficient mobility to be present and address students, their parents, and fellow professionals at appropriate college and regional functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, or a field preparing this individual for the effective communication of the college’s benefits and attributes to prospective students and other appropriate audiences
- One to three years of related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Proficiency in word processing and ability to learn and use a variety of personal computer software
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and positively with prospective students, parents, staff, administration, and other individuals in either individual or group settings
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, attention to detail, judgment, work standards, planning and organizing, stress tolerance, sensitivity, informal communication, commitment to the college, dependability, teamwork, initiative, knowledge of work, oral and written communication
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.