Serves as the primary point of contact for admissions activities at Kirtland Community College.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Collects data and produces reports to provide prospect and applicant information to college personnel, administration, board of trustees, and external educational professionals.
Develops and fosters relationships with students and parents through on campus recruiting activities and events
Takes walk-in and scheduled admissions appointments with new students to help them get started at the college
Assists with general advising of new students
Maintains general knowledge of college activities, programs and requirements
Makes frequent presentations to groups of prospective students to inform and educate them to the educational opportunities available at Kirtland
Advises and conducts tours for prospective students and their families
Assists with direct mail, telephone and email follow-up with student prospects
Implements, monitors and manages regular communication plan with prospective students, applicants, and accepted students using the administrative computing system
Serves as Jenzabar EX module manager for the admissions module including training to new employees within the department
Attends meetings, conferences, and workshops to stay updated on issues relating to admissions; attends college meetings and serves on college committees as needed
Maintains the admissions budget
Works with college recruiter to provide a new student orientation program and assist with Kirtland’s college night
Supervises student workers
Works with international student program
Serves as college’s PDSO (Primary Designated School Official) in SEVIS for F1 students
Performs other related tasks as required
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the dean of student services.
ATTENDANCE- Individuals in this position are expected to be available during the normal business hours of the college, and occasionally evenings and weekends for special presentations and events.
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent oral communication with students and colleagues, the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner, and sufficient mobility to be present and address students, their parents, and fellow professionals at appropriate college and regional functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, or a field preparing this individual for the effective communication of the college’s benefits and attributes to prospective students and other appropriate audiences
- One to three years of related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Proficiency in word processing and ability to learn and use a variety of personal computer software
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and positively with prospective students, parents, staff, administration, and other individuals in either individual or group settings
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, attention to detail, judgment, work standards, planning and organizing, stress tolerance, sensitivity, informal communication, commitment to the college, dependability, teamwork, initiative, knowledge of work, oral and written communication
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.