Provides Health Science Departmental support to college administrators, faculty, college staff, students, and outside agencies. The individual in this position coordinates daily operations of the health science office, including but not limited to projects and activities associated with various health science programs. Compiles data required for program evaluation and reports due to the Board of Nursing. Serves as receptionist for the health science office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Coordinates the admission process as it applies to all students within the health science programs, including ranking. Computes GPA, verifies required classes and grades of all students. Clarifies advising changes and procedures with Student Success Center advisors.
- Collaborates with the health sciences clinical support specialist to determine student assignments and verify clinical documents for the health science students.
- Maintains student records for absenteeism, evaluations, and require documents. Organizes, coordinates and communicates end of program licensure documentation for graduating students. Prepares/ process graduation certificates for the Board of Nursing.
- Assists in preparation and coordination of student orientation meetings, and collaborates with clinical support specialist on scheduling students’ clinical, lab and lecture placement.
- Assists the director of nursing and faculty with record keeping, data processing required for program evaluation, students’ assessment and reports for boards and advisory committees.
- Works on canvas with nursing student and documents.
- Collates graduate nursing program evaluation forms, instructor evaluations and clinical agency evaluations (online); and prepares /processes post-graduation surveys.
- Prepares and provides the registrar with catalog changes.
- Maintains changes to student handbooks for various health science programs. Updates, collaborates with webmaster on the health sciences websites. Collaborates with Information Technology Services in developing online documents.
- Interacts with students, staff, and faculty and outside contacts to provide information, solve problems, respond to requests; functions as liaison between the director, faculty, students and staff. Supervises student worker in the department.
- Schedules meetings as requested; coordinates details, notifies attendees, types and/or prepares and distributes meeting materials, and is responsible for meeting minutes.
- Provides administrative support to the director of nursing.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the Director of Nursing
ATTENDANCE– Individuals in this position are expected to be available during the peak business hours of the college, and may occasionally be asked to assist into early evening for late registrations
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent oral communication with students and colleagues, and the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner
- Associate degree
- Three to five years of secretarial experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Proficiency in computerized word processing and ability to learn and use a variety of personal computer software
- Ability to promptly and accurately take meeting minutes, phone messages, etc.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with students and professional staff in an academic environment.
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, sensitivity, stress tolerance, dependability, knowledge of work, commitment to the college, attention to detail, work standards, initiative, informal communication, written communication, teamwork, dependability.
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.