Provides support to the instructional division of the College by assisting faculty and students in the teaching and learning process. Paraprofessionals work under the direct supervision of a fully qualified faculty utilizing established criteria.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Assist students in understanding and working with FLEX lab equipment
Plan, prepare, and organize supplemental course materials
Work with students to reinforce objectives of the course
Maintain student filing system
Communicate with faculty regarding student progress and other matters related to student welfare
Ensure that adequate instructional materials are available to meet course objectives; this may include preparing and submitting requests for instructional materials, supplies and equipment to the faculty, or for repairs and servicing to eServices
Manage student coursework by collecting, dating, distributing, filing, and returning graded work back to students
Assist testing center paraprofessional as needed
Perform other duties as may be assigned by the faculty necessary to meet course objectives.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of a qualified faculty member.
- Associate degree
- One to three years of computer support experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
- Familiarity with a variety of software typical of a post-secondary computer lab environment
- Able to function independently, respect confidentiality, implement problem-solving, and maintain courtesy in dealing with students, faculty, staff and visitors
- Ability to communicate effectively in an educational setting
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, Initiative, Judgment, Technical/Professional Self Development, Sensitivity, Informal Communication, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Work Standards, Commitment to the College, Knowledge of Work.
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.