Under the direction of the Dean of Student Services, the individual in this position is responsible for maintaining the advising module primarily the degree audit function.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Responsible for updating and maintaining the administration of the advising module in institutional computer system. Creates audit sheets for use by registrar and advisors and uploads them to myKirtland.
Maintains the prerequisite/corequisite table in the institutional computer system.
Serves as manager of advising module.
Coordinates publication of the entire college catalog; prepares the program pages, reviews information for accuracy, and provides follow-up with the instructional and departmental divisions to resolve issues of concern.
Attends meetings, conferences, workshops to maintain up-to-date knowledge related to registration, advising, student records, prior learning, etc.; serves on college committees.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the dean of student services.
ATTENDANCE– Individuals in this position are expected to be available during the peak business hours of the college, and may occasionally be asked to work more than their regularly scheduled hours
WORKING CONDITIONS – Conditions are those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent oral communication with students and colleagues, and the ability to enter data and written communications in electronic format in a timely manner
- Associate Degree.
- Three to five years of progressively more responsible experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Proficiency with database products required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work
- Demonstrated understanding of the requirements for transfer course evaluation
- Proficiency with computerized communication and word processing programs
- Ability to communicate effectively in an education setting
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organization, sensitivity, attention to detail, knowledge of work, teamwork, work standards, initiative, informal communication, written communication, dependability, commitment to the college
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.