Performs routine building custodial tasks to maintain college premises in clean and orderly condition.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Cleans dust and debris resulting from day’s activities; empties garbage containers; cleans and polishes tables and chairs.
Sweeps, vacuums, and washes interiors of rooms, hallways, and office areas; washes blackboards and windows.
Maintains and cleans restrooms; keeps restrooms supplied with paper products and soaps.
Mops floors; cleans carpets and strips and waxes floors; uses chemicals and waxes for cleaning purposes.
Makes minor maintenance repairs and/or notifies supervisor of needed repairs; moves heavy furniture and equipment
Locks and unlocks building doors
May be called in to fill in for full-time custodians when they are ill, on vacation, or in training
May be assigned the duties of groundskeeper as required by the administration to satisfy the groundskeeping needs of the institution with the exception of snow plowing.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the director of facilities management
- High school diploma or GED, or related skills sufficient to perform required tasks, such as assisting with inventory, reading technical instructions (as with safe handling of chemicals) and so forth
- Six months of prior custodial experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
- Ability to work independently to perform custodial duties
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license
JOB DIMENSIONS – Analysis, judgment, planning and organizing, knowledge of work, dependability, work standards, informal communications, initiative, teamwork, commitment to the college.
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.