Provides shipping, receiving, and delivery services for the college campus. Ships outgoing packages via UPS, FedEx, or other shipping carriers; receives and checks in all shipments arriving at the shipping dock and delivers incoming packages to campus departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Collects large packages from campus departments and prepares them for shipping utilizing UPS, FedEx, or other shipping carriers.
Receives and checks in all shipments arriving at the shipping dock and delivers incoming packages to appropriate departments.
Provides food and refreshment delivery services for on-campus meetings.
Assists with a variety of indoor tasks such as assembling and moving furniture and supplies, stocking and delivering custodial supplies, etc.
Assists in setting up campus facilities for graduation or other special events.
May assist with emptying of campus trash containers and cleaning of debris from building entrances.
May assist with snow and ice removal from building entrances and salt during the winter months.
Locks and unlocks building doors.
Picks up and delivers laundry for health sciences department.
Delivers bulk mailings to the post office.
Responsible for replacing worn flags on campus and ensures flags are flown in compliance with flag etiquette and rules.
Maintains inventory in campus first aid kits.
Performs other related tasks as required.
SUPERVISION – Works under the general supervision of the director of facilities management
- High school diploma or GED
- Up to one year of related experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Ability to do minor repairs on mechanical equipment
- Ability to work independently to perform job duties
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving up to 50 pounds
- A valid driver’s license
JOB DIMENSIONS – Judgment, self organization, attention to detail, teamwork, dependability, work standards, initiative, informal communication, commitment to the college.
Kirtland Community College is an equal opportunity employer
* This job description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.