CAREER COUNSELING: We’re located in the Administration Center (ADM) in the Student Success Center
Phone: (989) 275-5000, ext. 280 | Fax: (989) 275-6755
(989) 275-5000, ext. 440
General Office Hours
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
If you are undecided about your career path, there are resources to help you to realize careers that may fit your interests, personality and aptitude. Career counseling is available to students at no charge.
Career Counseling and Exploration
Do you need assistance in making career decisions? Visit our career counseling and exploration page for help.
Our office has career assessments available that can be useful as you make your personal, academic, and career decisions. The following assessments can increase your awareness of your career interests.
Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery* (ASVAB):
The ASVAB will be offered again in the Fall 2014 semester. Click on the links below for more information on the ASVAB program. When testing dates become available you can register at the link below. There is no cost for this assessment. Although it is the military entrance exam, there will be no military recruiters on site for the testing and your results are confidential.
- Find out more about the ASVAB Test Information
- Register for the ASVAB (no testing dates scheduled; check back for future testing dates)
*Although this assessment is used by the military to evaluate aptitude, when taken here at Kirtland, your scores are confidential.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Strong Interest Inventory (SII):
- Find out more about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII)
- Register for the SII and/or MBTI
If you are an employer looking to post a position on our internet based “Job Bulletin Board”, please call (989) 275-5000, ext. 280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student employment job opportunities
- Online “Job Bulletin Board” – jobs with outside employers
- Resume workshop registration
- Resume and portfolio development
- Interviewing and employability skills
- Job search assistance