FULL-TIME CLASSIFIED AND ADMINISTRATIVE PERSONNEL
Full-time classified and administrative employees receive up to three business or personal days per year. These days are provided for activities that require an employee’s presence during work hours and is of such a nature that it cannot be attended at a time when the college is not open for business. Unused days will be converted to sick leave days on July 1 of each year.
Adopted July 8, 1993
PRO 5.130 BUSINESS OR PERSONAL LEAVE PROCEDURE
- Business or personal days are granted at the onset of the fiscal year (July 1).
- Business or personal day requests must be made in advance and submitted for approval by the appropriate supervisor.
- Approval may be based upon the needs of and not interfere with significant functions of the college. Business conditions may require that the employee’s request be denied.
- Following final approval of the requested time off, time off will immediately be deducted from the employee’s business day bank. In the event that the employee does not take the time off as scheduled, it is the employee’s responsibility to contact the business office, in writing, to cancel the time off request.
- Employees will not be granted a business or personal day for a day immediately before or after a holiday or vacation period except in substantiated emergencies.
- No payment will be made for accumulated business or personal days when an employee is terminated.