Print Friendly

Student Employment

Human Resources is the employment office for all student employees. If you are enrolled in at least 6 credits at the college and are interested in working while attending school, submit an application for employment to the Human Resources Office as soon as you have registered for classes.

For complete information on the Student Employment Process and the Student Employee Handbook which goes over student worker rights and responsibilities, review the documents below:

Visit the Human Resources Student Employment page for information on current student employment job postings.

What is Work-Study?  Federal work-study is a self-help program to assist with college expenses.  Work-study provides part-time job opportunities on campus and to limited off-campus organizations. Work-study students receive bi-weekly paychecks from the college which can be used at the discretion of the student. A work-study student may work up to 20 hours per week.

Who is eligible for Work-Study?  Eligibility for work-study is determined by completing and submitting the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form. Be sure to list school code 007171 on the FAFSA. To be eligible a student must demonstrate financial need, be enrolled in at least 6 credits, be a citizen or permanent resident, and be meeting satisfactory academic progress standards towards an eligible program of study. If you completed the FAFSA and do not know if you are eligible for work-study, please contact the Student Financial Services Office to speak with a Financial Aid Officer.

Benefits of Student Employment:  Student Employment at Kirtland Community College can

  • Provide you an opportunity to receive training and/or experience in a diverse work environment
  • Give you an opportunity to gain a sense of work, its responsibilities and expectations
  • Assist Kirtland departments in carrying out their responsibilities and expectations

Student Employment Forms

Go to Student Forms Central to download student employment forms.