Print Friendly

How to Apply for Financial Aid

Kirtland’s financial aid staff will help you with every phase of the financial aid process. If you have questions of any kind relating to financial aid, please call or email our office at for a prompt response.

To apply for financial aid at Kirtland, you must do each of the following steps:

If you haven’t already, complete an Application for Admission to Kirtland Community College.

File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

A new FAFSA must be completed each academic year.

Students must complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA by June 30, 2016 to apply for financial aid for Fall 2015/Winter 2016/Summer 2016.

Students must complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA by June 30, 2015 to apply for financial aid for Fall 2014/Winter 2015/Summer 2015.

You may choose any of these three methods to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):

  1. Apply online at (Recommended)
  2. Complete a PDF FAFSA (Note: PDF FAFSAs must be mailed for processing)
    2015-2016 FAFSA Application (PDF) OR 2014-2015 FAFSA Application (PDF)
  3. Request a paper FAFSA by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or 1-319-337-5665. If you are hearing impaired, please contact the TTY line at 1-800-730-8913.

Kirtland’s Title IV School Code is 007171

Wait for your application to be processed.

Within 30 days after submitting the FAFSA, you will receive a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR). The Student Aid Report will be used to determine which programs you are eligible for, and how much aid you will receive. The financial aid office will contact you by mail when your results are received.


Transfer Students

Transfer students seeking aid at Kirtland  should have the College’s Title IV code (007171) added to their Student Aid Report. Transfer students should contact Student Financial Services for details on how to transfer their aid.